AuthorTopic: Its not just landies...  (Read 341 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Its not just landies...
« on: October 14, 2007, 15:19:52 »
Old stuff in general.

Outside tap has been 'weeping' from a plastic pipe joiner for ages. Last weekend I got a nice pair of brass compression fittings and went to fit them.

Now have to replace the drop of pipe, tap, pipe through the wall, all the way back to the stop cock. Its all imperial pipe that someone recycled. :evil:

Aparently you can normally get away with it but the connectors I have wont work with any amonut of brute force applied.

Off to B&Q, 5 min £1.50 job now a good hour or two and £10+
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Drift

Its not just landies...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 16:06:18 »
Welcome to my world  :lol:

Offline carbore

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Its not just landies...
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 17:05:29 »
I had exactly the same thing the other week.

Tap drips, replace washer, tap wont budge, pipe through wall does budge (came off)

Re make to stop cock, stop cocks so corroded it leaks through handle. Repalce stop cock. Had to maek new mount to hold outside tap to wall.

I had to use some plastic stuff as the kitchen untis are fitted etc, and the palstic stuff was a lot better to work with then I expected, diddnt feel like a bodge.

Good luck.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal