AuthorTopic: Driving standards  (Read 348 times)

Kaneda

Driving standards
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:17:56 »
This is in no way an attack on the police, just something I witnessed. This morning on my way in to work I was followed by a police vehicle (a crash investigation unit). As we left a large and busy roundabout I signal my intention to come off, he did not. Imagine my surprise when I look in my rear view and see him still behind me. Carried on down the slip road and he chops busy lanes without indicating again.

Now, maybe it is me, but I would expect the police to be setting an example. It is no wonder people think that indicators are optional extras. The humour of a crash investigation vehicle actually causing accidents was lost on me. I did get the number so will most likely report him for driving without thought for others during the busy rush hour. I doubt anything will be done.

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Driving standards
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 14:49:38 »
This is in no way an attack on the police, just something I witnessed. This morning on my way in to work I was followed by a police vehicle (a crash investigation unit). As we left a large and busy roundabout I signal my intention to come off, he did not. Imagine my surprise when I look in my rear view and see him still behind me. Carried on down the slip road and he chops busy lanes without indicating again.

Now, maybe it is me, but I would expect the police to be setting an example. It is no wonder people think that indicators are optional extras. The humour of a crash investigation vehicle actually causing accidents was lost on me. I did get the number so will most likely report him for driving without thought for others during the busy rush hour. I doubt anything will be done.

Its not just you, about 6 months ago i was overtaken by a traffic motor doing well in excess of 80mph on a dual carriageway section, i know he wasnt on his way to a call as when he got on the single lane stretches he would sit behind any car that slowed him down, then put his foot down again on the dual carriageway sections.  He wasnt on his way to the station either cos as soon as he got to the roundabout which is about 20yds from the station entrance he turned round and went back the way he came????

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline landroverkeith

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Driving standards
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 15:50:41 »
 :lol:  proberly couldnt wait to get infront of you and patch incase ya broke down again......  :dance: :grin:
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal